Prep 55 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemongrass (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 1 large chicken breast (half with skin and ribs)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or more)
- 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, minced
- to taste fresh cilantro, Finely chopped
- Bring first 3 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- heat, add chicken and simmer until almost cooked through, turning occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate; cool.
- Remove chicken skin and bones.
- Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Strain soup through sieve into small saucepan.
- Add 1 Tbsp lime juice and jalapeno to soup and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer just to heat through.
- Taste, adding more lime juice if desired.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
This is a new favorite and one I will make often. I loved the combination of flavors and it's something different, which makes it a go for me! My family really loved it and asked me to make it again for them, so it's 5 stars for this one!
I had this soup at the college cafeteria last week and was obsessed with finding a recipe that matched it..This is exactly what I was looking for!..Absolutley the best soup ever!..Great combinations of flavor!! Will definatley be making this again.