Recipe by pansies
From a recipe card I picked up in a grocery store many years ago. The addition of bran cereal boosts the fibre content.
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained, reserve some juice
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice, reserved from the pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups finely grated raw carrots
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together the oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple juice.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, soda and spices. Gradually add to the first mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in carrots, cereal, crushed pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12 to 18 servings depending on how you cut them.