Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are many versions of this salad but this is my favorite. From Southern Living magazine. Chill time is 2 hours.
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package sunflower seeds
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Slice onion into thin slices then cut thin slices in half.
- Mix together the onion and remaining ingredients.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
So easy.... I added a little sugar to the dressing.... This was a POTLUCK favorite!!! From kids to Adults!!!!
delicious!!! Because i am a vegetarian i used soy "bacon" in place of the regular bacon - it was great. I also used both golden and regular raisins just for a bit of visual appeal. great recipe.
This recipe is a favorite of mine and for years I have taken it to every potluck we go to and everyone loves it...never any left. I toast the sunflower seeds first before adding them and add a little sugar to mayo. I have had others report to me that they use salad drrsg. and that it is better with the real mayo.