1 hr 10 mins
PERFECTLY YUMMY corn pudding - couldn't find one quite like it on the Zaar - so had to post this one - divine!!!! Found on recipe goldmine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk (1 quart)
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen whole kernel corn, THAWED
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 9 x 13 inch (3 quart) baking dish.
- 3Melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Add onion and cooke 3-4 minutes until tender.
- 5Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- 6Add milk and cook 4-5 minutes stirring constantly until thick.
- 7Gradually add eggs and cheese.
- 8Add corn and parsley.
- 9Pour into prepared baking dish.
- 10In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and the 3 TBS of melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle over corn mixture.
- 12Bake uncovered for 55-65 minutes.
- 13Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Baked Corn Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 494.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 10.6 g