Recipe by manushag
My friend Clark made these cookies for an Oscar party. His theme was The Waffle of Wall Street. He won first prize so I decided to try them. So yummy. He used chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. I subbed mini peanut butter Reese's Pieces, since I didn't have any butterscotch. I also used half white and dark brown sugar, since I didn't have any light brown sugar. This recipe is great for summer - you don't have to turn on the oven! Don't make them too big. I baked them 8 at a time on my waffle iron and got around 40 cookies.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 ounces butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips and butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray and preheat. Re-spray as needed.
- Melt butter and cool slightly.
- Beat eggs with sugar. Slowly add melted butter.
- Add vanilla
- Stir dry ingredients together and add to mixer.
- Fold in chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on waffle iron and cook from 1-1/2 to 3 minutes depending on your waffle iron. I did mine for about 2 minutes.
- Remove carefully and cool on rack. (I used a small plastic spatula).
- They will crisp up when cool.