Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe will serve 4, but if you want to make it stretch you can add along side a salad or garlic toast and it will feed 6 :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced, cut in thin strips (or prosciutto)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 lbs littleneck clams, scrubbed (or manila clams)
- 12 ounces linguine or 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked
- in a large deep heavy skillet, melt butter over med-high heat. stir fry pancetta until it turns golden, about 5 minutes. remove from pan, drain off all fat except 1 tablespoon.
- add garlic 2 tablespoons of the parsley and hot pepper flakes, stir fry for 1 minute. pour in clam juice and wine, bring to a boil, add clams, cover and steam until open, about 5 minutes, discard any that do not open.
- meanwhile in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine until tender but firm. drain and add to pan along with pancetta, toss to coat well.
- sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
Awesome recipe! We loved this and will definitely make it again!