Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Courtesy of Chef Brian Okada. Let me know what you think!
- 12 ounces chuck roast (cooked and cut into 1-inch squares)
- 3 ounces carrots, roasted
- 2 1⁄2 ounces turnips, roasted
- 2 1⁄2 ounces sweet potatoes, roasted
- 5 ounces onions, roasted
- 6 ounces herb gravy
- 4 ounces beef stock or 4 ounces beef au jus sauce
- 2 1⁄2 ounces olive oil
- 1 ounce garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 ounce shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh herb, chopped (thyme, rosemary, oregano)
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup beef au jus sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef gravy
- For gravy:
- Place the olive oil in a sauce pot and heat. Add the garlic, shallots and fresh herbs. Simmer until the garlic turns to a golden brown.
- Add the beef stock and beef gravy and simmer for 5 minutes.
- For roast:
- Roast the vegetables ahead using olive oil, salt, pepper and a small amount of fresh herbs until tender.
- Place the cubed roast into a heated skillet and add the carrot, turnip, sweet potato and onion.
- Add the herb gravy and the au jus, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Scoop the mashed potato into the center of a dish.
- Place the meat and vegetables around the mashed potato and top with the sauce. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve with buttermilk biscuits.