Barbacoa in some parts of Mexico and South Texas means cooking a cow's head. Yuk! I got this delicious version from www.lomexicano.com. The pulled chuck is served with tortillas.
- Blend the spices.
- Rinse and dry the chuck roast and rub with the blended spices.
- Prepare the smoker with lighted charcoal
- Add a small amount of hickory or desired smoke wood.
- Heat smoker to 250F-300°F.
- Place the roast on the smoker.
- Once the internal temperature is 160 F (about 4 hours), wrap the roast in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Cook for a couple of more hours or until the meat internal temperature is about 200°F.
- Pull the roast, drain liquid, rewrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Using forks, pull the meat apart into shreds.
- Serve with tortillas and guacamole, pico gallo, or black bean and corn salsa.