Recipe by iris5555
From Cooking Light.
Top Review by BarbryT
Even better than I anticipated! I thought the idea of citrus with beef was a little strange, but it works beautifully! I used a fresh-grind multicolored pepper combo instead of the ground red pepper but otherwise made as directed. Tender, delicious and interesting...positively! I am delighted I tried it.
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 lb) skirt steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well.
- Lightly coat steak with cooking spray.
- Rub rind mixture evenly over steak.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.