Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so simple and so tasty.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed and divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, with
- 1 tablespoon milk, in small bowl until well blended
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, melted butter, granulated sugar and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended; reserve 1 cup crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Toss remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar with apples in medium bowl until sugar is dissolved; spoon apples over baked crust.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 cup crumb mixture over filling.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Drizzle with Glaze. Let stand until set. Cut into bars.
These are some kind of sweet! I would take care to use a tart apple like a granny smith to give a little contrast to all that sweet. They are also very rich, it is definitely a high quality tasting and looking recipe. My husband was beyond thrilled with this dessert. We served it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on the side. I was asked to please not lose this recipe and to make it again. Always good to hear. If you are looking for an easy recipe that will be a sure fire hit, look no further.
What a delectible sweet treat! These bars were so different than anything i have ever tasted. Super crunchy bottom topped with soft cinnamony apples and smothered in glaze....YUM. Used nilla wafers in place of graham crackers.