Recipe by Lori Fields
It's great for when you don't have pancake syrup in the fridge because most if not all the ingredients are already in your pantry. I'm not sure where the recipe came from except that a friend gave it to me.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon double strength vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water and the sugar in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves. Keep boiling until syrup is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cinnamon, cream, and vanilla.
- Keep warm until served, can be refrigerated for up to about 2 weeks. Rewarm before serving.