Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my favorite recipes. If you like cinnamon you will love this recipe. It's very elegant so it's great for a dinner party. It's a lot of work making the cookie layers, but you can do it days in advance. Assembling the Torte its self does not take long. You will a need to assembly the torte at least 4 hours ahead or overnight and refrigerate it.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 8 maraschino cherries, with stems
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate curls
- Grease as many 9" layer cake pans as you have. Or you can line with parchment paper.
- preheat oven to 375.
- With a mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. add eggs one at a time while mixer is on. Add flour and cinnamon a little at a time mixing well.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 15 portions and pat one portion at a time into cake pan. It will be very thin but this is what makes your layers.
- Bake for 8-12 min or until it starts to brown on the edges. Dump out of the cake pan and do again until all layers are made.
- At this point you can wrap and store these cookie layers until you are ready to use them. The torte is self do not take long to assemble.
- Whip the cream, vanilla and icing sugar together until stiff.
- Set about 1 1/2 cup aside for decorating the top of the Torte.
- Place a small amount of whip cream on the bottom of the cake plate ( this is to anchor or cookie) and place your first cookie on it. Spread with Cream and continue doing this until all cookies and cream are gone.
- Put the remaining whipped cream into a piping bag and do 8 rosettes of whip cream on the top on the Torte.
- Place a cherry on top of each rosette and sprinkler with chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.