This is a delicious cinnamon spiced coffee. Other ingredients added are... dark brown sugar and vanilla extract. Optional garnishings are...Cool Whip and ground cinnamon. Cooking time in making this coffee may vary. It all depends upon one's coffee maker. Mine is an older model, so it takes 15 minutes for me to brew this coffee.
- Place coffee and cinnamon in filter in brewing basket.
- Carefully stir the coffee grounds and cinnamon.
- Insert brewing basket to coffee maker.
- To the coffee pot, add the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- To the coffee maker, add the cold water, then place in coffee maker.
- Turn on your coffee maker.
- When coffee is done brewing, stir coffee in coffee pot; to dissolve the brown sugar.
- Serve coffee in cup or mug with a dollop of Cool Whip, and a sprinkle of cinnamon (if desired).
- This makes: 6 and 3/4 cups of coffee.
- Note: The first few times I made this coffee, I used Gevalia Hazelnut, and the second time I used Folgers French Vanilla (for variety). I did make this in an 8 cup coffee maker, which does end up making 9-(3/4 cups of coffee each).
- Also, the first time I made this coffee, I only used 1/4 cup of the ground coffee, as I didn't want very strong coffee, and this still tasted great. I also only added 2 teaspoons of the vanilla extract. I found adding the extract helps to make this coffee taste a bit smoother, and even better.
- By the way, some people may think the teaspoon of the cinnamon is a bit much, but not if you add milk to your coffee. I did make this once only adding 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon, but I've found I much prefer this recipe using one measuring teaspoonful.
I cut the recipe back and enjoyed the coffee with a dollop of whipped cream. Thanks!
I used 2 teaspoons of powdered vanilla instead of liquid, my coffee maker makes 14 cups I still used the same amount of coffee. The taste of fantastic I use creamer and it is so smooth not bitter at all. This taste like coffee I had years ago and never could duplicate. Thanks so much!