Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A moist and flavorful breakfast treat. These pancakes will be darker and thicker than most, but also very fillling and satisfying. Feel free to adjust the amounts of spices to your liking (I like to add a lot of everything for extra spice).
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Mix together the whole wheat flour, white flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the pumpkin, milk, yogurt, vanilla, and honey.
- Add the dry mix to the wet a little bit at a time and mix well.
- Add in the pecan pieces and raisins.
- Heat up a frying pan and coat it in oil or cooking spray.
- Drop approximately 1/2 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear at the top and the underside is brown, then flip over and cook until the other side is done.
- Serve hot with applesauce, maple syrup, honey, or plain (I like to sprinkle toasted pecans on top).