- 1 loaf prepared sweet roll dough
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup raisins or 2⁄3 cup nuts, chopped and toasted or 2⁄3 cup dried blueberries (add some lemon zest along with the cinnamon) or 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries (add some ginger along with the cinnamon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide Sweet Dough in half.
- Roll out each half into an oblong 14x9 inches.
- Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each oblong with a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
- Roll up as for jelly roll to make roll 9 inches long.
- Seal edges firmly.
- Cut into nine equal pieces.
- Place cut side up about 1/3 inch apart in a greased pan.
- Cover, and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Top with icing if you like!