2 hrs 15 mins
I got this recipe from an old church cookbook. I've been making these rolls for years, and they really do turn out big 'n soft! When the weather starts getting colder, I like to make these rolls, and serve them with chili..oh yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups scalded milk, cooled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packets yeast
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 cups flour
- 1In a large bowl, combine the butter with the warm milk. Add sugar and water. Mixture should be lukewarm.
- 2Add the 3 packages of yeast, stir well and let stand for 15 minutes, or until it bubbles.
- 3Add beaten eggs, salt and flour. Stir well.
- 4Dough should be firm, you do not knead this.
- 5Cover with a light weight kitchen towel, and let rise for one hour.
- 6Put the dough on a lightly floured surface, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 7If dough is very sticky, you may add additional flour. Roll out, and spread with the 1/2 cup of softened butter, then sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar.
- 8Roll up, and with a sharp knife, divide dough into fourths.
- 9Make 6 rolls from each fourth.
- 10Put onto greased pan.
- 11Let rise for one hour.
- 12Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.
- 14For the frosting, simmer in a saucepan the water and butter. Add enough powdered sugar for spreading consistency. Add the vanilla and frost warm rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls-Big N' Soft
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 296.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g