Prep 7 mins
Cook 28 mins
This is just like monkey bread but made with cinnamon rolls instead of plain rolls. Mmmmmmmmmmm........ So yummy!
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon, divided
- 2 (16 count) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- cinnamon roll icing
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 12 cup fluted tube pan or bunt pan.
- In a plastic food-storage bag, mix sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Separate cinnamon rolls (there sould be 16); cut each into quarters.
- Shake in bag to coat.
- Arrange in pan.
- Mix brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and the butter.
- Pour over the cinnamon rolls pieces.
- Bake 28- 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto serving plate.
- Drizzle the icing that came with cinnamon rolls over the bread (microwave briefly if necessary).
- Pull apart to eat.
- Serve warm.
- Be prepared to make another right away. This goes FAST.
Made 1/2 recipe with 1 can of rolls. Super easy and VERY tasty ! DH says this is a keeper -- great for breakfast ! Would not change a thing ! Thanks for posting !
Made this for the first time today and it was a huge hit. My only modification: I added 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (by sprinkling them into the dough and mixing them into the butter/sugar mixture). Very easy, very tasty.
I used a can of cinnamon scones that I got from my local natural grocery store instead of a can of rolls. I made this for breakfast and it was too good!... I kept saying to myself "ok this is going to be the last bite" but just kept eating!!! Made for Spring PAC 2010.