Prep 24 hrs
Cook 18 mins
Bon Appétit September 2002
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
- 8 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Place chicken breasts and thighs in 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour oil mixture over; seal bag. Turn bag to coat chicken with marinade. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 475°F Transfer chicken to rimmed baking sheet, shaking off marinade. Sprinkle chicken all over with flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add chicken to skillet.
- Cook until golden, adding more oil as needed, about 3 minutes per side.
- Return chicken to baking sheet, skin side up. Roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
I used no oil or flour, after the marinade I baked the chicken and my family loved it !!