Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a great little side dish for breakfast or dinner. Super Easy. Good even for a little snack with a side of vanilla ice cream.
- Combine raisins, pecans, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and stir until mixture is combined.
- Slice the ends of the apples.
- Core the center of the apples.
- Cut each apple into 4 equal slices.
- Line the bottom of the baking sheet with foil and coat it with cooking spray or use parchment paper and omit the cooking spray.
- Place the apple rings on the baking sheet.
- Top each apple with equal amounts of the raisin mixture.
- Press mixture down gently.
- Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until just soft.
- Serve warm.
Enjoyed your take on baked apples, chef FIFI! I lightened this up a bit by using a little bit less butter and Splenda brown sugar substitute and Splenda white. Very delicious! Will have to make again. Made for Diabetic Forum Pool Party tag game!
This is delicious and very attractive. Dh detests raisins so I used dried cranberries and I have no idea what "group" sugar is in the ingredients list. I didn't believe this would be baked in 10 minutes but it was. Thanks, FIFI. Great as dessert.