Recipe by chef FIFI
This recipe is a great little side dish for breakfast or dinner. Super Easy. Good even for a little snack with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Enjoyed your take on baked apples, chef FIFI! I lightened this up a bit by using a little bit less butter and Splenda brown sugar substitute and Splenda white. Very delicious! Will have to make again. Made for Diabetic Forum Pool Party tag game!
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium apples (Gala or Jonathon preferred)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raisins, pecans, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and stir until mixture is combined.
- Slice the ends of the apples.
- Core the center of the apples.
- Cut each apple into 4 equal slices.
- Line the bottom of the baking sheet with foil and coat it with cooking spray or use parchment paper and omit the cooking spray.
- Place the apple rings on the baking sheet.
- Top each apple with equal amounts of the raisin mixture.
- Press mixture down gently.
- Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until just soft.
- Serve warm.