Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
By request, here are those old fashioned Red Hots Pickles...
Make and share this Cinnamon Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare the cucumbers: peel, removed ends, core, and cut into rings or sticks.
- Combine water and lime.
- Soak prepared cucumbers in lime-water for 24 hours.
- Drain and wash 3 times in cold water.
- Cover with cold water and let sit for 3 hours.
- Combine alum, vinegar, 2 cups water, food coloring, sugar, cinnamon and red hots to make a syrup.
- Add drained cucumbers and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain off syrup, reheat and pour over pickles daily for 3 days.
- Pack in hot jars and seal.