Recipe by CookBookCollector
When we were making up my mind :o) about what I wanted to do for a cake, I just knew that I wanted something basic and simplistic. We chose a spice cake ( and I found the mix on sale!), but I couldn't find any frosting that I wanted. I wanted a parchment colored frosting. And there just wasn't any out there. Then I thought... CINNAMON! I scooped up a whole armload of white vanilla frosting and went to work on it. This is what came out as a winner and ended up being lovely in color and taste. Excellent with the spice cake by the way.
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn frosting out into a large mixing bowl with your scrapper/spatula.
- Add cinnamon; mix on medium speed with your electric mixer, scraping down the sides often, until cinnamon is throughout.
- Spread on favorite cake.
- I am so not a baker by any means, but I baked our wedding cake and after cutting and pasting (ha) with this frosting, our cake looked beautiful.