Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 large eggs, separated (reserve 1/2 egg yolk)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4-2 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 egg yolk (reserved from pastry)
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (or almond or lemon extract)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Pastry: Separate eggs.
- Save ½ yolk for the filling.
- Then whip the whites with cream of tartar until very stiff.
- In a separate bowl, mix yolks, cinnamon, ricotta cheese,& SomerSweet until smooth.
- Fold yolk mixture into beaten egg whites until mixed well.
- Portion into 6 mounds onto buttered or oiled cookie sheet.
- After molding onto the cookie sheet, make an indentation (about an inch across) in the top of each roll to hold the filling.
- Filling: Microwave the cream cheese until soft enough to stir into a smooth pastry consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Spoon filling into the indentation of the pastry rolls.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden.
- Store covered in the refrigerator after they have cooled.