Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy recipe and so good! Serve the carrots at room temperature for a hot day, but they are delicious served hot also. You can also make this in the microwave on HIGH for about 10 minutes. The complete recipe can be doubled is desired.
Top Review by CT_Cindy
Very good. I used boiling chicken broth instead of the boiling water and baby carrots sliced length-wise. The flavor was great -- Make sure you bake them long enough until tender - mine took over an hour (I also covered the baking dish so they wouldn't dry out; but I wonder if they're supposed to dry out and roast -- either way I think is good depending on what you're after). The flavor was like that of a sweet cinnamon baked apple - I was drinking the juice it was so good! Will serve with baked ham today, and I think the flavors will complement each other beautifully.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Place the sliced carrots in the baking dish.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a heat proof bowl; stir in boiling water; mix to combine.
- Pour over the carrots; toss to coat.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes or until the carrots are desired tenderness (the time will vary depending how the thickness of the carrot slices).