This recipe is from the www.kingarthurflour.com website. "Dusky-dark from cinnamon and espresso, these scones are moist, crumbly, and packed with flavor." Tips from our bakers: To make now, serve later, prepare the scones up to the point where they're shaped and ready to go into the oven. Freeze on a baking sheet, then place in a plastic bag, removing as much air as possible, and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. To bake, place frozen scones on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven.
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (cut into pats or small cubes)
- 1/3 cup pecans (processed or blended tll very finely ground)
- 1/2 cup cappuccino chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt, low-fat is fine)
- 4 -5 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons decorator sugar, coarse white, for topping
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Lightly grease (or line with parchment) a large baking sheet.
- 2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- 3Work the butter into the dry ingredients till the mixture is unevenly crumbly; don't be afraid to leave some of the butter in pea- or marble-sized chunks.
- 4Add the ground pecans and chips, stirring to combine.
- 5Dissolve the espresso powder in the hot water.
- 6Gently stir the dissolved espresso and sour cream or yogurt into the dough, just till it's well dispersed; the dough will be very crumbly.
- 7Add enough ice water to bring the dough together in a cohesive mass.
- 8Gather the dough into a ball, and place it on a well-floured work surface.
- 9Pat/roll it into an 8" to 9" circle about 3/4" thick.
- 10If desired, brush the surface of the dough with milk, and sprinkle with coarse white sparkling sugar.
- 11Use a 2" cutter to cut about 20 scones, gathering the scraps and gently shaping into round scones without re-rolling.
- 12Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet, leaving just over 1" between them.
- 13Bake the scones for about 20 minutes, till they're golden brown. When you break one of the center scones open, the middle should be baked all the way through, not doughy or wet.
- 14Remove the scones from the oven, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon-Cappuccino-Pecan Scones
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 191.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips