Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Applesauce mixed with cinnamon candies
- 3 lbs apples
- 1 (7 ounce) package red cinnamon candies
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Peel/slice/core apples. I use my peeler/slicer/corer device. Put apples in bowl, sprinkle lemon juice and fruit fresh.
- Repeat process, till apples are finished peeled and cut up.
- Place some in blender, alittle of the water, some of the cinnamon imperial candies and 2 tbs lemon juice.
- Blend at one of the higher speeds, till blended.
- Pour in crock pot or dutch oven.
- Note: I make several different batches at once. One in the dutch oven on medium-high heat and the other in the crock pot. Cook till hot.
- Repeat process till apples, water, cinnamon candies have been blended.
- Pour in crock pot or dutch oven, add 1 cup sugar.
- Meanwhile while applesauce is cooking, wash canning jars, lids, and bands. Sterilize in hot water.
- Take out a few jars at a time, pour in applesauce, put lids and bands on. Put in hot water bath for 25 minutes.