Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from www.marthawhite.com
- 2 cups martha white self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda; mix well.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins.
- With fork, stir in enough buttermilk until mixture leaves sides of bowl and soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface, knead lightly until no longer sticky.
- Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet with sides touching.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on wire rack.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough milk for desired frosting consistency.
- Frost warm biscuits.
- Serve immediately.