Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy sauce to make, and it tastes pretty good, too. You can serve it with ice cream, pound cake, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, ham, or just use your imagination and combine it with whatever suits your fancy! Source: Southern Living, January 1986.
- 16 ounces canned blueberries, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain the blueberries, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir in reserved blueberry juice and lemon juice; blend well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Serve warm.