Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
another recipe from the Apple Barn Cider Mill and restaurant in the Great Smoky Mountains...
- 1⁄2 cup red-hot candies
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces lemon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped apples
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 13 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Combine cinnamon candies and water in saucepan.
- cook for 5 minutes or until candies dissolve, stirring frequently.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- cool to room temperature.
- add lemon juice.
- chill until partially set.
- fold in walnuts and apples.
- spoon 1/2 of the mixture into 8x8" dish.
- chill until set.
- combine cream cheese, cream and salt in bowl and mix well.
- spoon evenly over congealed layer.
- spread remaining gelatin mixture carefully over the top --
- chill until set --
- cut into squares and serve on salad greens.