Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 large apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups plain soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices soft-crust French bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- To make Topping: Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté apples 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to medium. Add sugar and cinnamon, and cook 5 to 10 minutes more, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice, and remove from heat.
- To make French Toast: Blend soymilk, apple butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in blender until smooth. Pour into shallow bowl.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Dip bread slices into batter, coating evenly. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Place 2 slices bread on each plate, and divide topping among servings.