1 hr 5 mins
Chef Ultimate Dragon's Note:
I was on this site looking for a simple bagel recipe, when I came across 2Bleu's Bagels 101 (Using a Stand Mixer). After making two batches of Onion bagels using their recipe I decided to add my own ingredients to the mix and see how it would work out. So this is a combination of 2Bleu's Bagels 101 (Using a Stand Mixer)(with permission) and my own added ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Sugar, Yeast, and Water in Mixer Bowl. Let Stand 5 Min or until Foamy.
- 2Stir In Salt and Cinnamon and Sugar Mix.
- 3Add 3 Cups of Flour and Mix on Medium Speed for 5 Min adding remaining flour a 1/2 a cup at a time until a stiff dough ball is attained.
- 4Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and kneed dough until no longer sticky. (About 5 - 10 Min).
- 5Place Dough into lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow dough to rise in bowl until it has doubled in size. (About 15 - 25 Min).
- 6Remove dough from bowl to a lightly flowered surface and punch down the dough. Cut the dough into 11 or 12 equal pieces. Roll the pieces out into a snake and combine the ends and turn them inside out to seal. Leave them covered for 15 min to rise one more time.
- 7Fill a 5 quart soup pot with water 4 inches deep (you can add 2 tablespoons honey or sugar for a sweeter bagel). Drop bagels one at a time into the boiling water. Boil about 3-4 at a time or only so many that they float freely, and are not crowded. Simmer for 30 seconds (15 seconds on each side), turning with a slotted spatula. NOTE: Put the top side of the bagel down into water first, and then turn over. When you remove them, the bagels will be top side up and slide off your spatula for draining and adding toppings. Remove and place them gently on a lightly greased cooling rack (that has been placed on top of a clean dish towel) for a few minutes to drain.
- 8Combine one egg yoke with one tablespoon of water and brush on top of the bagels then sprinkle the top of the bagels with more cinnamon and sugar and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet with either parchment paper or corn meal and place into a 400 degree oven for 35 min or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon and Sugar Bagels
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 636.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: