Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source: Betty Crocker "Try a new spin on sugar cookies that's fun for kids to shape and tastes like snickerdoodles."
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir in butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- On piece of waxed paper, shape 1 tablespoon cinnamon into a line about 5 inches long.
- Using floured fingers, shape 1 level tablespoon of dough into a rope 5 inches long and 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Press one side of dough rope into cinnamon.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, coil dough rope tightly, cinnamon side facing center, into cinnamon-roll shape.
- Press end of rope into roll to seal.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
Thanks for posting these, since I made these at a cookie party and someone STOLE my recipe I always have to search for this one. I always keep a bag of sugar cookie mix on hand to make these!
I got this recipe off the Betty Crocker website and it is a huge hit!!! Even my extremely picky son loves them. Only thing I do different is I don't add as much milk to the glaze to make it a little thicker. But these are absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!