1/1 Photo of Cinn-ful Fudgy Rum Pudding Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Fast, easy, delicious with a touch of cinnamon and cloves and a dash of rum. This fudgy pudding cake makes its own sauce while it's baking and is a snap to put together. Rum extract can be substituted for the rum, but I'm not sure of the measurement. Be sure to try this warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
My Private Note
9inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To make sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- 3Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- 4Pour batter into an ungreased 9-inch squre baking pan.
- 5Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and cinnamon.
- 6Sprinkle this evenly over batter in baking dish.
- 7Combine hot water and rum; pour this over top of sugar-cocoa mixture in dish; do not stir.
- 8Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F until center is almost set.
- 9Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
- 10Serve, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top.
- 11Delicious with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinn-ful Fudgy Rum Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 233.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g