Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sweet herb mixture is very fresh tasting - I can't remember where I found this one, but I like it because the ingredients are easy and it's pretty fast.
- 1 lb tuna steak
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped plus
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- In a med bowl, mix 1/4c olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and 1/4c cilantro. Add tuna and turn to coat evenly. Let marinate at least 1/2, but the longer, the better.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, 2 tbsp olive oil, and 2 tbsp cilantro. Set aside.
- Remove tuna from marinade, but reserve marinade. Over med to low grill temp, grill tuna for 6-7 minutes per side, basting frequently with marinade. When fish is almost done, brush both sides with honey glaze, remove from grill, and serve.
Wow, this is a really good recipe but its also very easy to prepare, i didn't have all the exact ingredients such as cilantro-so i used parsley- and lime juice- i used lemon juice. Even with those two exceptions it was really good, and im sure it would be even better with the exact ingredients. I really recommend this recipe if you want tuna fast, and to taste good!