Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Serve as an appetizer (serves 6) or main course (serves 2-4).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cilantro-Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro (cut off large stems)
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup queso Cotija cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1For sauce: Purée all ingredients in a blender to a pestolike consistency.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Add shrimp and sauté until opaque (about 2 minutes on each side).
- 4Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 5Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce over high heat for 1 minute.
- 6Add heavy cream and reduce to a tomato-sauce-like consistency.
- 7Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantropumpkin seed sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- 8To serve, place shrimp on plates and drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro-Pumpkin Seed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1012.0
- Calories from Fat 871
- Total Fat 96.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 302.7 mg
- Sodium 396.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g