Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve as an appetizer (serves 6) or main course (serves 2-4).
Cilantro-Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro (cut off large stems)
- 1⁄4 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup queso Cotija cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- For sauce: Purée all ingredients in a blender to a pestolike consistency.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté until opaque (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream and reduce to a tomato-sauce-like consistency.
- Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantropumpkin seed sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place shrimp on plates and drizzle with sauce.