Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe that came from a friend and then revamped a bit to suit my taste.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, Chopped
- 1 large chili pepper, Seeded & Cut Into 1-inch pieces
- 8 wooden skewers, Soaked in Water for 3 Hours
- 1 large orange, Cut Into Half
- salt, To Taste
- fresh ground pepper, To Taste
- Toss all the ingredients together (except for the whole orange) and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Alternate the chicken and the chile pepper pieces on the wooden skewers and season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Place the skewers on a preheated grill over a moderate flame and cook for 3 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked.
- Season once more with salt and pepper and squeeze the fresh orange over the cooked kabobs.
This is a really nice way to do skewered chicken. Great flavors. I used metal skewers. I made this to use on a salad the next day, but would be great appetizer or main dish.