Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup white basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil/butter over low heat.
- Add rice and lime juice.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt, bring to a full boil.
- Cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and water is absorbed (approx. 25 mins).
- Fluff rice with a fork
- Sprinkle cilantro.
Not sure what happened, but it was a sticky disaster. I followed the directions exactly. I was pretty disappointed. Might try again just to make sure I didn't mess something up.
Delicious and easy side dish, which my daughter insisted tasted nearly exactly like Chipotle's. Next time I might add a bit more cilantro for personal preference. This paired perfectly with Recipe #343009
This is a pretty good copycat recipe. I added a little extra cilantro to mine though, probably closer to 3 teaspoons. I also had to use about 2 ounces more water to get the rice to a desired consistency. Overall, pretty good! I served it on steak tacos, using recipe #370334 as the marinade & as a "green sauce" on the tacos. Also topped with queso fresco & baby arugula. Delish!