Recipe by gailanng
Can be served as a most flavorful appetizer or main dish...grilled chicken bites glazed with sweet chili sauce. From cookinghawaiianstyle.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, mince
- 3⁄4 bunch fresh cilantro (save remaining for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- sweet chili sauce, for basting (like Mae Ploy or see Thai Sweet Chili Sauce)
- wooden skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak skewers in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes and place into bowl. Add olive oil, garlic and cilantro in a food processor and pulverize. Pour the marinade into the bowl with the chicken, add teaspoon of salt and pepper and marinate overnight if possible.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and coat with oil. Remove chicken from the refrigerator and put 5-6 pieces of chicken on each skewer. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Brush chili sauce on chicken just before done cooking to create a glaze.