Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 small white onions
- olive oil, for brushing
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 black olives
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Cut the bread in half horizontally and toast lightly.
- Spread with the pesto.
- Leave the broiler on.
- Peel the onions and cut them horizontally into thick slices.
- Brush with oil and broil for 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Slice the cheese and arrange over the bread.
- Lay the onion slices on top and sprinkle on some olives.
- Place under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese melts, and the onion chars.
- Cut in half diagonally.