Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe. Our local supermarket does similar cookies with just white chocolate - so I looked for a similar recipe and came across this one in my Student Cookbook. Although the recipe says white chocolate - we used milk chocolate this time because we ran out.
- 7 ounces plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 4 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 egg (medium is enough)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 5 ounces white chocolate
- 3 ounces glace cherries
- Heat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a bowl and mix.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour mixture with your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Beat together the egg and milk.
- Chop the chocolate and cherries into rough pieces.
- Add the egg/milk mix to the cherries and chocolate.
- Then mix into the flour and stir well until smooth.
- Drop heaped spoonfuls of the cookie mixture, well spaced apart, onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes until slightly brown. Leave to harden for 2 minutes then put onto a plate to cool.
These are great this way, and you can add to it, or you can substitute items...LOL