God's Rock Angel's Note:
I love this recipe. Our local supermarket does similar cookies with just white chocolate - so I looked for a similar recipe and came across this one in my Student Cookbook. Although the recipe says white chocolate - we used milk chocolate this time because we ran out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 180C (350F).
- 2Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a bowl and mix.
- 3Add the butter and rub into the flour mixture with your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- 4Beat together the egg and milk.
- 5Chop the chocolate and cherries into rough pieces.
- 6Add the egg/milk mix to the cherries and chocolate.
- 7Then mix into the flour and stir well until smooth.
- 8Drop heaped spoonfuls of the cookie mixture, well spaced apart, onto a greased baking sheet.
- 9Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes until slightly brown. Leave to harden for 2 minutes then put onto a plate to cool.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Monkeys
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 295.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g