Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- For the sauce 1 tbsp custard powder 2 tbsp brown sugar 25 gms butter Keep aside 3 tbsp of the cream for the sauce.
- Whip the rest of the cream until stiff.
- Fold in custard and vanilla essence.
- Transfer to a shallow, freezer-proof container and freeze for an hour.
- Whisk and re-freeze again.
- In the meantime, prepare the pecan-toffee chunks.
- Grease and set aside a baking sheet.
- Heat sugar in a heavy pan without any water until it begins to caramelise.
- Add pecans.
- Stir until sugar has completely caramelised and coated the nuts.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and leave until cold.
- Now slightly crush it to make chunks.
- Keep aside.
- Whisk custard until smooth.
- Fold in toffee chunks and re-freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- For the toffee sauce: Heat 150ml water in a pan.
- Blend together custard powder and sugar with enough cold water to make a smooth paste.
- Pour hot water over the paste.
- Stir well.
- Return to pan.
- Add butter and heat.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Stir in reserved cream.
- Let it cool a little.
- Scoop ice-cream into 4 sundae glasses.
- Serve with warm toffee sauce!
Mind blowing !!