Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Southern Living. Use 3 (1.75 ounce) Mounds bars for coconut candy bars, and Oreo type cookies for the cream filled sandwich cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (16 cookies)
- 6 ounces Mounds candy bars, coconut candy bars, chilled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients, gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in cookies, candy bars, and morsels. Chill dough 30 minutes or more.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2" apart onto baking sheet. Cook in preheated 350 oven for 10 minutes or until barely set. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
I am not a big fan of chocolate cookies,but these were amazing!I did not use the cookie crumbs,and they were great.
If you like chocolate, these cookies are absolutely heavenly. I am a white chocolate fan, so I used white chocolate bars instead of mounds candy bars. These are rich and incredibly delicious. They are worth every bit of effort it takes to make them.
My, oh, my! These are to die for! I used the dark chocolate reese's peanut butter cups that are out now in place of the mounds. Chocoholics beware!! LOL! Thanks for posting this gem!!