Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
Great Gift Idea!
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (clean inside of jar with dry paper towel after this layer)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup large chocolate chips
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, and
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Layer ingredients in order in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar.
- Make sure you pack all down firmly before adding the flour mixture it will be a tight fit.
- Instructions to attach to jar 1 Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix; 2 Add: 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine softened at room temp, 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp vanilla; 3 Mix until completely blended.
- The dough is sticky.
- you will need to finish mixing with your hands; 4 Shape into walnut size balls and place 2''inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets, DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER; 5 Bake at 350* for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove to racks to finish cooling.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.