Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This soup is a family favorite. Even DS loves it and he is no soup fan. The chicken can be cooked ahead of time and frozen, but extra chicken stock with added water makes a more chicken taste.
- Place chicken breasts into a stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts and reserve liquid. Allow chicken to cool.
- Remove the bone and cut into large chunks and return to the reserved liquid.
- Add stock, bay leaves, and salt to the chicken and liquid. Bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Note: It may be necessary to add additional stock when reheating leftovers.