Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Simple to prepare chicken salad that I make up for sandwiches. We never have left-over chicken, so I microwave chicken just to make this. Very basic but very good! P.S. Celery is listed as optional because my husband hates it...if I am only making this for him, I leave it out! :)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed into 3/4 inch pieces (see note)
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped small
- 1⁄8 cup celery, chopped small,optional
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's Light)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, onions, relish and 2 dashes or so of paprika.
- Add chicken and fold into mayo mixture until well combined.
- Taste and then add salt and pepper as needed.
- Chill well and serve over lettuce or on your favorite bread.
- Note: I microwave 2 boneless chicken breast halves sprinkled with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder for 5- 6 minutes for this salad.
- If you are using left-over chicken, you may need to adjust the seasonings in the ingredients list.