Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
We love this apple cake. It's so delicious and easy to make. I got it from AOL food.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 12 ounces cream cheese frosting
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture stirring until blended.
- Stir in apple slices and 1 cup walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with walnuts.