Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in my electric co-op magazine. I am posting so I don't lose the torn out page. I have not tried this yet, but it sounds good. And again, prep time is a guess!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. (Batter will be stiff.).
- Stir in apples until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lighlty browned and springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with butterscotch sauce.
- To make sauce, combine brown sugar and cubed butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Gradually add cream.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and serve over cake.