Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this chicken salad because it is chunky, crunchy, and light. While I prefer to leave the skin on the apple for color and nutrition, you could remove it.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 small apple, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, whole
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Toss apple with lemon juice. Stir together with remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes (optional).
- Serve on thick sliced bread, crackers, or a bed of lettuce.