Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on line because OzCoMartha requested a Aussie pumpkin soup. "Chumpkin SoupChef: Steve from the Lake No, it's not a typo...It's Chicken and Pumpkin soup!" I'm posting my directions as well his! Ingredients are exact except I put 1-2 tablespoons butter next to a Knob of butter!Haven't tried it yet!I do have a garden of squash and soon as it's ready I will be making it! I myself prefer my Butternut Shrimp Soup Topped With Sherry
- My directions---Melt butter and sauté onions and celery till translucent.
- Add flour to make a roux slowly adding flour.
- Add chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, curry, parsley, pumpkin, and milk.
- Give a blend with the hand blender.
- Garnish with parsley.
- His directions---Flavour the chicken stock with onion and celery, then strain it.
- Chop the onion finely, and simmer until soft.
- Beat the milk, pumpkin, flour, curry powder, salt and pepper, add the butter and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, add the stock, then stir until thick and boiled.