Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I took an old family recipe and tripled it to better fit with modern items (such as canned pumpkin). You can mix in 1 cup of chopped walnuts if you prefer a nutty bread.
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- Mix wet ingredients with a wire whisk.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture, stirring slowly.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans or two greased mini-loaf tins.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean in the center.
Something wasn't right. Bread got really dark and the middle wouldn't firm up.