Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A variation on the Wendy's chili for the crock pot. I serve either with shredded cheese or sour cream and crackers.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 29 ounces kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Brown ground beef until done and drain off fat.
- In large crock pot (5qt size), combine the beef plus all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and cover. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
If you like heat like we do this is perfect! Think some would reduce the chili powder or the black pepper amount. Cumin adds subtle flavor. This is huge-- I was unable to get one of the cans of tomato with green chili in it, so if you have a smaller crock pot you need to reduce recipe. Served ours with corn bread. Thank you for sharing, morninggirl. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Good Flavor. For our family this recipe is too watery. I would not add the 2 cans of water and I would drain some of the beans. Made for Spring 2012 PAC.